In hot summer, people usually like to drink some cold drinks, such as craft beer, cold coffee, matcha, coca-cola etc. Do you ever try nitro cold brew coffee? What is nitro coffee?
Nitro coffee is infused with nitrogen gas, it is much creamier and richer than straight up iced coffee. Why people like nitro coffee? It has some advantages over other drinks.
- The nitrogen effect cuts the acidity that is tied to traditional cold brew, making it easier on the stomach.
- Nitro coffee keeps longer in fridge than regular cold brew, cold storage for 2-4 weeks.
- Nitro coffee is less bitter & sour than hot coffee, also much sweeter, oiler and with rich flavors.
- For girls & boys who are keeping fit, nitro coffee is a good choice, as it only has 5 calories and 0 gram of sugar. The beans used for its cold brew have a slight natural sweetness, and the nitro’s foamy cream deliver a smooth, thick texture, so you won’t miss the cream or sugar.
To make nitro coffee, the tap is very important, you need to choose a tap with a stout nozzle, as it has a build in restrictor plate that breaks up the nitrogen bubbles into the very fine creamy that you are looking for. If for coffee tap without the stout nozzle, you may not have the chance to see micro bubbles on top and cascading while dispensing from the tap, it is a really bad experience:(
In order to help people choose the right nitro tap, we recommend 2 model nitro taps for you.
- The first one with competitive price & very popular among customers, from the look like, it is compact and neat. Of course you can also use Intertap or Perlick tap. (SKU 52002)
Intertap with nozzle
- The second nitro stout faucet is the tool you need to dispense fresh pours of your favorite nitro coffee or rich, dark beer like Guinness, Murphy’s Stout, Beamish etc. This stout faucet is premium-grade stainless steel construction and can withstand a lifetime of pouring activity. (SKU 55002)
To storing nitro coffee for a long time, the container is very important, if you choose the wrong one, it would influence the original flavor of your nitro coffee. Let me tell you how to choose a premium coffee keg? The foremost is inner treatment, it must goes through passivation or electrolysis, so for long time stored of coffee/beer, no metalic taste after taste.
What kind of coffee keg are you using now? We have full size range mini coffee keg of (2L/3.8L/4L/5L/10L), our mini keg with premium 304 stainless steel construction, rolled SS handles make transport easy. The inner treatment is fine with passivation/electrolysis, a good choice for portable coffee maker kit. (SKU 71003)
We have 2 model coffee spears to use 8g non-thread N2/N20, one with safety valve, another without. Usually we would suggest coffee spear with safety valve, as for some not professional customers, if they insert too much N2 into the keg, the safety valve will release excessive gas automatically, so safe enough for people, which model do you prefer? (SKU 24001)
For bigger size mini keg, such as 10L, you can also use N2 tank, as it is an economical way to save money:) If you wanna connect N2 tanks, then need to use another coffee spear, see picture below. (SKU 23001)
To be honest, drinking coffee at Starbucks everyday is a little expensive, so why do not DIY your own nitro cold brew coffee at home? Would like to share 3 different ways to make nitro coffee, then you can treat your friends or family at home & outdoor activities.
- You can buy espresso coffee from supermarket or online shops.
For a 2L mini keg, you can add 100ml espresso coffee and 1200ml cold water into the mini keg. Of course, you can also adjust the proportion of espresso coffee & cold water according to your taste flavor.
- Usually, for 64oz keg, can be poured into 1.2-1.5L coffee liquid, because nitrogen is insoluble in water; for 4L keg, 3.2L coffee liquid; for 5L keg, 3.8L coffee liquid is ok.
- Steep 1 cup of ground coffee in 1 quart of water for 12-24 hours (store in refrigerator)
- Strain out coffee grinds
- Pour coffee into mini keg and fill to max line adding additional water
Everyone need Espresso Martinis on tap in your fridge.
- 1/3 cold brew coffee
- 1/3 vodka/Vanilla
- 1/3 kahlua (or Patron XO!)
The instruction OF method 1-3.
- What kind of cartridge we can use to make nitro coffee.
* 8g non-thread food grade N2 or N2O
- What’s the differences of N2 & N2O.
* N2O is a term referring to nitrous oxide and N2 means nitrogen.
* N2O makes the coffee sweeter, as compared to normal cold brew.
* The biggest difference between N2O and N2 is these fine bubbles by N2 and you may not easily find differences in cascading and their tastes.
- How much pressure the mini keg can withstand.
*The keg can stand pressure up to 100psi, in general, the pressure will increase up to 30psi when you put 1.5L of cold brew coffee together with 8g of N2O gas into the keg. Therefore its design will surely stand that pressure.